Hello students and parents and welcome to our class page. Through teamwork and cooperation, we will have a great year at South Newton. Keeping the lines of communication open will be vital for student growth. Please contact me by phone (464-4061), Class Dojo, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Small amounts of math homework will be necessary several times each week. Assignments should take no longer than 15-20 minutes, and you may find that your child has completed the work before getting home each day. Students that have yet to learn basic facts (multiplication), will have daily practice in order to get caught up. Please ask to see the completed work, as I expect students to show parents the assignment each evening (even if it was completed before getting home). This is important for several reasons:
- Parents are aware of what children are working on in class
- Student work quality tends to be better when the parent and teacher are looking at the work
- Students, teachers, and parents are all stakeholders
- Students may have a question about the assignment
- Regular practice is necessary for mastery of new skills
I'm excited to have the opportunity to work with each student and parent throughout this school year. Please don't hesitate to contact me through one of the channels listed above if you have thoughts or concerns.